Friday, July 4, 2008

Lifestyle Changes

I have been listening to Jim Rohn for the past few weeks as I drive back and forth to work and what he has been saying has really got me thinking about my lifestyle and the way I do things. One of the main things that he has said that I've heard before, but has made more of an impact this time is MAKE A PLAN - If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. This is particularly true in the area of finances. Jim talks about the value of investing our time wisely. He states that you can always get more money, but you can't get more time.

It is time for me to PLAN my time, to decide what I want to do, need to do and let go of all the rest. One of the things that has fallen by the wayside in my busy life has been this blog. I had intended, (but not specifically planned for) to keep this up on a daily basis, or at the very minimum a weekly basis, but I have falled far behind on that. Those of you who have been reading have probably been wondering when I would be returning.

My plan for this weekend is to finish up yard work and I have booked my son and my boyfriend to help with this project. That will free up some of my time. As well, I am no longer President of two Toastmaster Clubs, nor am I the Area Governor, so that will also free up some of my time. Next I will sit down and write out a plan of when I will do my writing, my blogging, my reading and also plan time for my family and friends.

I would encourage you to check out Jim Rohn for yourself, to see if some of what he says hits home with you too.

All the best

Fran Watson

No comments: