Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Purified

Job 23:10 But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.

Psalm 66:10 “For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried.”

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


Purified in Jesus

Jesus, lover of my soul
Keep me safe, and keep me whole.
Let me live my life for Thee,
Truly blessed and truly free.
May I give the ones I love
A sense of presence from above.
May those who know me know You too
And may they be no longer blue,
But full of love and joy and cheer
As they work their way through every year.

May I be always growing,
And may I be always knowing,
Of your love and trust in me,
That I will turn to you and be…
Not do, or run or speak, just be
The person that you want of me.
The one you’ve molded,
And shaped and burned to get the gold.

April 1, 2007
copyright Fran Watson


The silversmith and the goldsmith start their work with impure silver and gold ore. Through the refining process they remove all of the impurities in the ore. This process involves fire, time. and the close attention of the smith. The smith puts the ore in the fire to burn out some of the impurities, then takes it out and shapes it, then back in the fire. All the while he keeps a close eye on this precious metal. When he can see his reflection in the silver, he knows it is done. God too looks to see his reflection in our lives and when He sees it, He knows that we are ready.

Are you being tested? Are you suffering trials and tribulations? Perhaps you too are being purified so that God will be able to see His reflection in you.

To your shining beauty!!

Peace and love

Fran Watson

No comments: